As business demands that employees spend more time on the road, the risk of travel accidents and emergencies increases. What happens when:
- an employee is in Hong Kong and feels chest pains and becomes dizzy?
- a sales rep in Dallas is driving and the semi ahead of him jack knifes?
- an employee attending a conference in Turkey is having dinner in her hotel room when shouting, bullhorns, and sirens begin to sound?
- your sales manager, who is in Germany for a key presentation to a new client, reaches into his pocket and finds that his wallet is nowhere to be found?
Health, Life and Workers’ Compensation insurance may not cover employee travel risks sufficiently, and in some cases will not respond at all. To better protect your business and your employees, broaden your insurance program with a Business Travel Accident Insurance policy.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance has the following three key components to fill gaps domestically and abroad:
Travel Assistance Coverage and Services:
- Pre-travel Information
- Lost Luggage
- Identity Theft
- Emergency Travel Arrangements
- Legal Referrals
- Transfer of Funds
- Assist in Replacement of Lost or Stolen Travel Documents
- Translation Services
- Message Transmittals
Medical Evacuation, Repatriations, and Out of Country Medical Coverages:
- Dispatching Medical Specialists
- Worldwide Medical and Dental Referrals
- Facilitation of Hospital Payment
- Transfer of Insurance Information to Medical Providers
- Coordination of Medication, Vaccine, and Blood Transfers
- Assist in Replacement of Corrective Lenses and Medical Devices
- Medical Records Transfer
- Continuous Updates to Family, Employer, and Home Physician
- Reimbursement of the cost for emergency treatment and transportation for injured or sick employees including bringing them home.
Traditional Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage:
- Pays a lump sum defined amount for accidental loss of:
- Speech or Hearing
Customizing your Protection Options
To fit your needs more specifically, the policy can be customized:
- Who Is Covered – you may opt to include various classes such as non-employee directors, employees’ spouses/domestic partners and dependent children
- Level of Coverage – you may elect the level of coverage each insured class receives
- When coverage is applicable – you can choose either only during business travel or 24/7 “Business Pleasure”
- Which Benefits Apply – there are over 30 optional benefits including political evacuation, hot spot alerts, war risk, coma, psychological therapy, rehabilitation expense, seat belt and occupant protection device, etc.
Partners in Protection
When purchasing a Business Travel Accident Policy, you not only get the expertise of the insurance carrier to assist at the time of need but you also get the quality third parties that they align themselves with. Examples of these entities are:
Affinion – a premier security, credit monitoring and identity theft and protection innovator. It has a 24/7 identity theft hotline and will be there to assist when critical documents–such as passports and credit cards–are lost or stolen. They will deal with government agencies, commercial issuers, and U.S. Embassy or consular officers to replace or recover the documents.
Frontier MEDEX – a global medical, safety and security solutions provider that can provide pre-trip intelligence and contingency planning to real-time medical case management, emergency medical and security evacuation and crisis response, including primary and emergency medical care in remote and hazardous locations.
Could your employees navigate these situations without assistance?
Contact us to design a Business Travel Accident Policy that fits the needs of your operation and extends the most available protection to your employees. We can help you determine how this policy would work with your other policies now in force, the classes of employees to cover, and the necessary level of protection. firstname.lastname@example.org