The Workers’ Comp perfect storm
A confluence of negative factors means employers will face higher rates unless they take action… Read More.
Summer tempters: summer interns, events and employer-sponsored sports teams – good business or business risk?
Summer means opportunities for interns, for building camaraderie with company events or sports teams, but what are the risks… Read More.
Narcotic drugs persist as key Workers’ Comp driver
Workers’ Comp pharmacy costs are higher than they need be and narcotics are a troubling trend. Learn what some are doing to address the problem… Read More.
- Federal appeals court slaps OSHA on “look back” period
- OSHA launches regional outreach campaign to protect employees from workplace ‘Struck By’ vehicle accidents
- OSHA announces new National Emphasis Program for nursing and residential care facilities
- Recent fines and awards
- Read More.
- Employer did not violate FMLA, Workers’ Comp laws in firing injured employee
- Supreme Court rules state employees cannot sue under “self-care” provision of FMLA
- Woman gets Workers’ Comp for sex injury on trip
- Migraines caused by psychological injury not compensable – California
- Workers’ Comp benefits can be offset by pension – Maine
- Complete loss of earning power leads to permanent total disability benefits award – Nebraska
- Middle-school principal shot on way to work due Workers’ Comp – North Carolina
- Injured worker’s depression not compensable because she did not return to work – Ohio
- Former Steeler wins Workers’ Comp benefits, but not attorney fees – Pennsylvania
- Volunteer ski patroller’s injury was not compensable – Pennsylvania
- Petition to review in Workers’ Comp must be timely – Pennsylvania
- Employer’s failure to enforce general safety rules did not mean more specific rules could be ignored by employee – Virginia
- Disregard of safety rules about breaks leads to denial of Workers’ Compensation for trucker – Tennessee
- Right to control determines independent contractor status – Tennessee
- Read More.
Things you should know
- Resources for national safety month in June
- Night shift workers at risk for diabetes: study
- Study links asbestos exposure to heart disease, stroke
- Updated roadway manual aims to keep emergency responders safe
- NSC releases State of the Nation of Cell Phone Distracted Driving
- New hazard alert card warns of silica dangers
- New fact sheet addresses solid waste industry
- Read More.