24/7 work culture stretches Workers’ Compensation exposure
While little case law exists to guide employers’ on their responsibilities for employee injuries sustained when conducting business via a mobile device, the proliferation of devices increases the likelihood of claims… Read More.
Taking the stress out of heat
Even though resources are plentiful and the cost of prevention is minimal, every year, thousands of workers become sick from exposure to heat and some die. But employers need to understand the physical, emotional and psychological reasons… Read More.
New ADAAA regulations: implications for Workers’ Compensation
“People on Workers’ Comp leave will be a breeding ground for ADA cases,”… Read More.
Disability Claims stats may surprise
Unum and Metlife disability data offer important insights for employers… Read More.
- 2011 hit list: Are you on it?
- Little known General Duty Clause
- New Injury and Illness Prevention Programs Web page
- OSHA releases first letters of interpretation for 2011
- Final rule updates shipyard standards
- OSHA offers guidance on shipyard rigging
- Residential construction fall hazard protection goes in effect June 16
- Educational booklet on indoor air quality in commercial and institutional buildings
- Recent fines
- Read More.
WC Advisors help used car company tow the line
A full knowledge of the factors that affect premiums go a long way in helping companies reduce costs… Read More.
Things You Should Know
- Workers and employers not doing a good job identifying and addressing high blood pressure
- DOL time sheet app available to employees
- Changing approach to shift work can improve employee health
- Grounds workers have higher fatality rate: report
- Truck driver’s history predictor of future crash risk
- Workers silent about bullying in the workplace
- Burns replace contact dermatitis as the most frequent skin condition
- Read More.