Six common roadblocks to optimizing incident investigation
While many employers have an incident investigation process that identifies root causes and corrective actions, some inadvertently include roadblocks to optimizing the value of the investigation… Read More.
Eight Do’s and Don’ts of using mobile apps in the workplace
Mobile apps offer advantages of real time recording inspection information, safety observations, incident investigations, chemical, heat and noise exposure monitoring, auditing, and so forth. But deciding if and how to use them can be daunting… Read More.
Q & A: Fit for Duty evaluations
As employers face rising Workers’ Comp costs at the same time they are beginning to hire more workers, many are turning to fit for duty evaluations to avoid hiring a Workers’ Comp claim and to improve return-to-work efforts… Read More.
HR Tip: How employers are preparing for health care reform
A SHRM survey shows what adjustments employers are making to prepare for health care reform… Read More.
- New publications and webpages
- OSHA to police whistleblower claims under the Affordable Care Act
- Severe violator enforcement program whitepaper questioned
- NIOSH reports high rate of carpal tunnel syndrome in workers at poultry processing plant
- Recent fines and awards
- Read More.
- Tumultuous office romance leads court to find mandatory psychological counseling does not violate ADA
- Firing for absences exceeding certification can raise FMLA claim
- Gay man cannot sue for harassment because Workers’ Compensation is exclusive remedy – Illinois
- $4.3 million Workers’ Compensation retaliation award upheld – Illinois
- Failure to lose weight cannot lead to reduction in benefits – Louisiana
- Workers’ Comp is only recourse for granary death in spite of OSHA violations – Nebraska
- Surveillance video disallowed because not disclosed prior to testimony – New York
- Worker injured doing personal task entitled to compensation – Pennsylvania
- Read More.
Things you should know
- Workers’ Comp medical payments higher than group health medical payments
- NIOSH offers safety tips for new residential construction workers
- Free app aims to help workers correctly position extension ladders
- CSB releases compilation of safety videos
- NIOSH offers ‘straight talk’ on nail gun safety
- FMCSA issues hours-of-service exemption for DOE
- AMA votes to classify obesity as a disease
- Video offers ergo tips for truck drivers
- New website offers pesticide safety information
- NIOSH establishes Center for Workers’ Compensation Studies
- Massachusetts requires electronic filing of First Report of Injury
- Major changes to Minnesota Workers’ Compensation laws
- Read More.