With 35 the new definition of older worker, it’s time to focus on reducing injuries for everyone
Recent research should sharpen employers’ focus on what can drive down injury rates and costs, including hiring the right people, training them to do their jobs safely, reporting accidents immediately and developing relationships with occupational physicians… Read More.
Workers’ Compensation insurance industry trends affecting employers
With Workers’ Compensation insurance producing lackluster results, insurers are looking to more effectively evaluate a company’s Workers’ Comp risk and select profitable accounts. Learn how they are evaluating employers… Read More.
Have you looked at your communication channels lately?
Email. Mobile, Social media. There’s little doubt that communication channels are changing and this affects your Workers’ Compensation messaging… Read More.
HR Tip: The importance of job descriptions
A good job description is an important tool in the effective and legal management of any organization… Read More.
- Affordable Care Act protects employees from retaliation under new OSHA rules
- New slide presentation on injury and prevention programs
- Updated abrasive wheel grinder checklist
- Recent fines and awards
- Read More.
- Health care provider restrictions is a basis for accommodation denial
- Worker fired after panic attacks wins $21.7 million in bias case
- Win for employers – court rules random alcohol tests do not violate ADA
- Study: FMLA leave can be an ‘Early Warning System’ for disability absences
- Third party administrators can be held liable for FMLA Violations
- Limitation on temporary total disability benefits unconstitutional – Florida
- Tennessee-based truck driver can proceed with tort suit in Kentucky – Kentucky
- Employability a factor in disability benefits – Missouri
- Workers’ Comp claimant can withdraw from bias settlement – New York
- Lunchtime injury compensable – North Carolina
- Trucker due temporary disability benefits despite driving history – Ohio
- Adjuster awarded benefits for injury between appointments – Pennsylvania
- Workers’ Comp exclusive remedy in asbestos case – Washington
- Read More.
Things you should know
- Study examines characteristics of same-level falls
- Regulations require employees to receive health coverage within 90 days of hire
- Risk of patient harassment and assault may lead to burnout and increased absences among health care workers
- FMCSA denies HOS compliance date extension
- Report examines safety risks for undocumented construction workers
- I-9 Audits experience huge jump
- Crane operator certifier: recreational marijuana still prohibited
- Massachusetts’s law seeks to promote safety of social workers
- Physician-dispensed drugs add to Workers’ Comp claim costs: CWCI
- New rule allows injured Michigan workers to be paid electronically
- Read More.